Investment opportunities in Bulgaria!

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:22 pm

brianj42 wrote:Current state of the EU then the future of grants and subsidies is rather delicate. Add to that Bulgaria keeps having its subsidies stopped due to fingers in the pie, then investing in land based on subsidies is probably as speculative as anything else.

Buy silver. 200% growth in the last 2 years and "predicted" to grow from $30 to $250 an ounce in the next 5 years. The Chinese are buying it like its going out of fashion.

$60,000 today will get you $480,000 in 5 years.

You heard it here first :wink:

Actually the funds stopped were pre accession monies and 'only' worth 200 MEUR - which as they were primarily directed towards institution building, the government was only too happy to accept. Especially as they were immediately offset by an ocean of post accession structural funds that come with almost no control measures

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Jade is also a good investment recently, especially white jade, as supplies are of this are becoming limited. White Jade has risen by 50% in the last year or so :wink:

BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Process of regulation has started, mere 3000sqm. Own some land Sredets area and hope that the part change of status bring a higher value to the land. And the legality to start a project. :) :) :) :) :)

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Past performance is no guarantee of future performance, whether it is silver, gold, jade, land, energy, options, futures...

I do not have any confidence in any investment at the moment, but if I did, it would be for shorter periods and lower risk.

Underestimated risk and unforeseen major adverse events ("black swans") have a habit of wiping out any but the "safest" investments over time.

Just because someone made money in the unsustainably good over-borrowed and unbalanced economic and financial conditions of recent years, does not mean that it is possible now that reality has set in in Europe and elsewhere.

Just my 5 stotinki's worth....

:wink:

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:03 pm

There is something very smug about snapping up Thomas Cook shares 2 days ago at 10p after it was announced they crashed and then selling them today at 23.5p. Don't sound much but thats 135% profit in 48 hours.......

MW: £60k would have got you £140k in 2 days

Fen

Postby Fen » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:16 pm

60k on 9 Red Cape at wolverhampton at 4 pm would give you 1.2 million in less than an hour.

Hindsight is a wonderfull thing.

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:14 pm

TCG still a good punt, and no hindsight involved :wink:

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:48 pm

We think this topic is really to discuss what investment opportunities there may be available Bulgaria rather than from just about anywhere is the world!

What has Bulgaria got to offer for those who need (or want) to make a good investment here?

Mod :wink:

shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:24 am

MOD wrote:We think this topic is really to discuss what investment opportunities there may be available Bulgaria rather than from just about anywhere is the world!

What has Bulgaria got to offer for those who need (or want) to make a good investment here?

Mod :wink:

Not a lot MOD, but then again Bulgaria are not on their own. I think it is a case of dig in and hope for the best

scanniaman
Penny Pincher

Postby scanniaman » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:25 am

Fen, no-one would want to spend that much time in Wolverhampton ! :lol:
scanniaman.

Return to “Business Link”