Investment opportunities in Bulgaria!

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:15 pm

Spiralbg wrote:I have an excellent idea, but to be honest we would have to have a pretty good connection before I told you what it was ;)

I'm getting 8Mb per second is that not a good enough connection for you. :lol:

Ps. We Ave Ways of Making You Talk. :wink:

Spiralbg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Spiralbg » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Moscow_Wolf wrote:
Spiralbg wrote:I have an excellent idea, but to be honest we would have to have a pretty good connection before I told you what it was ;)

:D

It's a perfect connection Wolfie, and I'm sure your teeth are big enough to make anyone talk.....BUT....
It's something I will eventually do but I do not currently have the investor - as you do.
The idea I have is nothing unique, it already exists but it's far from saturated.
Like they say, success is in the innovation of already existing ideas ;)

How about you bring the money, I bring the idea, and we take it from there ;)

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Moscow_Wolf wrote:Plus, you never know, for such projects there will be some EU Grants even if paid retrospectively.

The EU never pays anything retrospectively. There were some small elements of the Rural Development Plan that covered this but they have either been used up or squashed. The important thing is to look at the new energy law that was passed in the spring to determine how and at what rate you can sell power back into the grid. I know its been cooked to support the local market and preclude the use of debt financing (you can only apply for a connection once you've built the thing etc) and the contract period is as short as 12 years so its nothing like as lucrative as the scheme in the UK was.

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Spiralbg wrote:
Moscow_Wolf wrote:

:D

It's a perfect connection Wolfie, and I'm sure your teeth are big enough to make anyone talk.....BUT....
It's something I will eventually do but I do not currently have the investor - as you do.
The idea I have is nothing unique, it already exists but it's far from saturated.
Like they say, success is in the innovation of already existing ideas ;)

How about you bring the money, I bring the idea, and we take it from there ;)

You are of course right, there are not many things that haven't been done before, just need to do them better, but not necessarily cheaper.

Business partnerships are tricky ventures. I've had one for many years in Russia and it couldn't have been better considering the cultural differences. The USP was that he had the product, there was an absolute need for the product - security, but I was the one who marketed it to the foreign clients he was seeking and maintained the contracts.

The last additional venture in cosmetics was a bigger investment than the one I am talking about now and I did really have to use my fangs to get my investment back. Since taking my investment back with a small interest, the business has gone from strength to strength which shows, a) the investment idea was sound, b) the partner had no real intention of making me a profit whilst I was a silent partner and c) doing the business on their own, once my investment had got it off the ground, motivated them to higher levels.

Risking my own money is one thing, but I repeat, this is not my money, I'm just trying to find a good low risk option where one can get a return. Personally, I'm pessimistic about the short-term business future, I really do feel that a meltdown is on the way, but if the person has this amount of cash then, it is better to do something with it than leave it in a bank or hide it in a garage as the 'investor' has been know to do. :lol:

Ps, I don't have a garage so no need to come sniffing for Ben Franklins. :wink:

Pps, You're not selling Authentic Gourds are you! I've tried that one. :lol:

BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:39 pm

On that above BG law demands that all engineers are from BG established academic institutions, so b**ger any hope of importing own skills or those of another.

Renewables are all very expensive, although the return is still better at this moment than a bank.

And the laws are changing all the time, now have to stump up thousands of leva of sits in a power companies bank account until grid connect. Old days could apply, get your prelimary contract, then sell the paperwork for a healthy profit, none of that these days.

Tarrif or income also drops every June for new connections, not sure if tarrif rises counter act inflation? Only for the brave.

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:22 pm

qwerty wrote:Hey Wolfie, the way the Euros going, tins of beans and shot guns might be the next big thing :D

To be serious though for only a moment, buy a large piece of land from a coop that already has EU grants attached, collect the grant and collect the farming share.

I missed this insert - sorry.

Do you know where to find such and direct from the seller? Any idea of expected return? I would assume that if 'they' have an EU grant that they'd wish to keep it all for themselves?

qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:51 pm

Moscow_Wolf wrote:
qwerty wrote:Hey Wolfie, the way the Euros going, tins of beans and shot guns might be the next big thing :D

To be serious though for only a moment, buy a large piece of land from a coop that already has EU grants attached, collect the grant and collect the farming share.

I missed this insert - sorry.

Do you know where to find such and direct from the seller? Any idea of expected return? I would assume that if 'they' have an EU grant that they'd wish to keep it all for themselves?

This keeps getting recommended to me as a means of income, we have a large coop here and I understand the land also carries an EU grant.....Big land owner is not what I want to do with my time at the moment and as such have not paid much attention to it despite being advised more than once.

It is normal though, cetainly here in VT. area, I cant for the life of me remember the numbers per DK. and I would only be guessing if I wrote some, but I know who to ask and next times hes on Skype I will do, but I would think the income per DK would vary slightly each year depending on what the coop plant, also EU farming grants are not fully here yet, it is being phased in year by year over I think a 5 year period so as not to distort BG agri sector too much and cause massive inflation.

So any land bought now with grants in place would see those grants increase over the next few years until parity with the rest of Europe. I would think an honest estate agent in your area would be up on all this.

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:19 am

EU agriculture funds come in two forms - pillar 1 CAP direct subsidies to farmer income which consist of a Single Area Payment to the operator (not necessarily the owner) of the land. Its a flat rate per hectare depending on the quality of the land. This will soon change to the Single Payment Scheme which is just a nice dollop of cash no questions asked. Cheaper in the long run because of the reduced admin. The second form consists of a series of measures under the Rural Development Programme that farmers and others in the rural environment can apply for. There is some connection between the two (eg. area payments under pillar 1 are conditional on things like the implementation of appropriate agri-environmental measures, which can be taught using funding from the RDP).

Interestingly, one of the priorities of the new financial perspective (2014-2020) is to increase the subsidies paid to farmers in the poorest nations (ie, us) to bring them to western European levels. This will make industrial agriculture even more attractive to the mafia who have it largely stitched up now and also increasingly inefficient. Its a shame, but that's life...
Last edited by Mat on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:52 pm

guess anything property related in BG isn't perhaps the wisest of investments at the moment... buying up land and hanging onto to it for now might be a better idea. Rather like buying bullion (not gold shared) you get no income just capital growth.

Unless the 2 EU Agri funds are incremental increased year on year the value of the subsidy is in effect decreasing.

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Current state of the EU then the future of grants and subsidies is rather delicate. Add to that Bulgaria keeps having its subsidies stopped due to fingers in the pie, then investing in land based on subsidies is probably as speculative as anything else.

Buy silver. 200% growth in the last 2 years and "predicted" to grow from $30 to $250 an ounce in the next 5 years. The Chinese are buying it like its going out of fashion.

$60,000 today will get you $480,000 in 5 years.

You heard it here first :wink:

Return to “Business Link”