Jujitsu and Martial Art Training

Discussion room for new/proposed golf courses and developments in Bulgaria…and for other related sporting activities, initiatives and chat.

Moderator: Moderator

whizz
Super User!
Super User!

Jujitsu and Martial Art Training

Postby whizz » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:04 pm

My OH has been training two guys for some weeks now but one of them has to go back to the U.K unexpectantly which leaves a vacancy for a dedicated individual. There is a full on gym which you can use free of charge for anyone who is seriously interested in learning mixed martial arts with an emphasis on Jujitsu,

They train 6 days a week for an hour and 20 mins so you need to be commited but he is a brilliant coach with 3 black belts in various discipines and 40 odd years of experience and he loves to coach just for the kick.

Anyone interested p.m me,
cheers
Whizz

lexholman

mma training

Postby lexholman » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:54 pm

hi, i'm lex. my father saw your ad and told me about it. i'm moving out to bulgaria 31st September, permently. my old man has property in varna as do i and i'm gonna be doing it up.

anyway, i've been into mma for about 3 years now, my actual record is 4-0-0 amateur 1-0-0 semi pro and 0-2-0 at pro, kinda jumped the gun to early and at the wrong weight category for my size n so on but anyway, i've been looking to get into bjj for a while but there hasn't been anywhere decent down here.

i would love to train under a proper instructor that know how to push his students and wants them to do well and not just get the cash for training.

my email is lex.holman@virginmedia.com and my mobile is +447807638137.

it all really depends on where in bg you and the classes are but even if your a while away would love to know some people out there with the same interests as me.

look forward to hearing from you,

lex

whizz
Super User!
Super User!

Free Ju-jitsu lessons

Postby whizz » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi lex,

Sorry I've been crazy busy and only just saw your reply. I'm afraid we are a long way away from you as we are near Veliko Tarnovo but we are in the process of convering a barn to a dojo and next year intend running residential courses here for former students of Kelly's from the U.S and Greece and hopefully new ones. Guys like Eric Renner the head of Ju-Jitsu America and a long time friend of ours is going to come and give seminars and we are looking forward to getting going again. We have a well equipped gym with of course a bar but don't worry charges are going to be low as Kelly trains for the love of it. We thought 100 pounds per month for self catering accomodation in the guest cottage.

If you fancy a break from Varna and a general chat about martial arts you are always welcome to come and spend a night here and have a look around,

Good luck with your move to Bulgaria and I hope there is a gym near yo uso you can continue to train,
cheers
Whizz

lexholman

Postby lexholman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:36 pm

That I'm aware there isn't but I have plans to build a Dojo of my own, not for a class or anything, but personal use.

It sounds fantastic, I think £100/month is very cheap indeed, it should be very successful!

I'm leaving the UK October 1st and am actually passing through Veliko Tarnovo as my father has a flat there, perhaps if you're available, we might meet up, go for a pint or something. I would quite like to know a bit more about the project and what is on offer.

Thanks,

Lex

whizz
Super User!
Super User!

Free Ju-Jitsu and martial art training

Postby whizz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:17 am

You may find there is already a Dojo in your area as Bulgarians are into MMA, I saw a poster for a competion in V.T but unfortunately we didn't see it until after the event! Another dojo would be good the more the merrier, I'm not sure where you get Judo mats from as we brought ours from England as we couldn't find any in Greece but that was 5 years ago.

We'd love to meet up with you or if you like come and stay here, the 1st of October is my birthday and there will be a few folks here for a drink or 2, we have plenty of room here and you would be more than welcome,
cheers
Whizz

shotlandets
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shotlandets » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:46 pm

the central police karate and ju jitsu club has dojos around the country and organise national and international tournaments. they have karate, jujitsu and aikido as far as i am aware. the website is now under the sports association of the minister of the interior. there are karate dojos in many towns and there was a national karate tournament recently in kavarna but mainly involving kids.
there are also quite a few dojos in varna offering various martial arts. try doing a search and you will find quite a few. most seem to be sports orientated rather than traditional.

whizz
Super User!
Super User!

Free jujitsu and martiar training

Postby whizz » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:47 am

If you have any further details could you let me know as I have a young policman wanting to train as he says he can't afford the gym fees in Veliko Tarnovo and if there is a free club in V.T it would be better for him than coming all this way out.
Thanks in advance
Lesley

SwedInBalchik
<b>Property Developer</b>

I have access to a local suitable as Dojo...

Postby SwedInBalchik » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:42 pm

Hi there,

I'm in Balchik and has been training Jiujtsu, if there is interest I can arrange a local for martial arts or yoga.

shotlandets
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shotlandets » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:24 pm

contact details for the Bulgarian jujitsu federation can be found at http://www.jjif.info/JJIF/?sub=4000&Alfa=B. i know there will be a tournament in RUSE on 23 october at the danube sports centre. ill try and get the contact details for the local club. im pretty sure there must be a dojo in veliko turnovo.
swede in balchik. i am only in kavarna in the summer and usualy need some rest after the hectic training i do here, but ill be glad to sink a few pints in balchik in June, just to replace the fluids. i train and instruct in the traditional style of shotokan ryu kase ha. any others out there?

whizz
Super User!
Super User!

free jujitsu and martial art

Postby whizz » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:46 am

Vacancy for one more student starting in ten days, no previous experience needed just a desire to learn and some dedication.

Return to “Golf in Bulgaria…and other sports!”