Hi everyone. First time in BG this week...

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

GarryN
Super User!
Super User!

Postby GarryN » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:11 am

They have a counter at the airport, don't use an outside taxi, especially if they speak to you in English! There was (or is) a company that used CK made to look like OK that charged 10X as much. Welcome to Bulgaria!

Garry

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:39 am

GarryN wrote:They have a counter at the airport, don't use an outside taxi, especially if they speak to you in English! There was (or is) a company that used CK made to look like OK that charged 10X as much. Welcome to Bulgaria!
Garry

Yes, as GarryN has said - there are 'imposters'.

Even with OK, carefully check the tariff of rates which must be displayed in the window(s) of the vehicle. Make sure that the decimal point isn't 'accidentally' in the wrong place... :lol:

Gazzy-lizzy

Postby Gazzy-lizzy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:23 am

Hi,
:lol: :P Welcome to the forum its packed with info and some great tips have a good stay in BG

BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:35 am

Be wary of taxi drivers, as already stated, also large cases on the buses, travel Sofia airport to city these days large travel cases are chargable 1 leva.

Bought in Burgas but did visit Shumen, might yet find a place there, only own agri land at the moment.

Just back from Bg, seen Plovdiv, what a great city, the history of that area is amazing.

GRRR
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

welcome

Postby GRRR » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi Joe,
We have lived nr Shumen nrly 5 years, very nice area and town. If you want any advice, or just a cuppa, pm me and I will give you our exact location. Have fun!

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”