Student Recruitment agents from Bulgaria

Anyone already in Bulgaria who is ready, willing and able to help those coming over? Job vacancies? Employment advice and information? Post it here!

Moderator: Moderator

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Absolutely mememe
I wouldn't criticise anyone's English (spoken or written) normally, but when they are advertising that they teach English I do think that their website should be perfect.

Chris

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:51 pm

FuturesCollege wrote:The fees mentioned on the website are for international students. Students from romania or bulgaria come under the EU and are charged Home student fees.

Please contact info@futurescollege.org.uk for fee details for EU Students.

Hi again FuturesCollege,

Could you not please just put the current fee structure for home students here? It'll save you the extra work and inconvenience of having to reply to any emails of enquiry.

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:33 pm

Some say a college of the same name at Barking is on the list of colleges suspended by UKBA as sponsors.

http://www.studentvisa4u.com/about-france/733
Last edited by gimlet on Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:41 pm

It appears that their Birmingham and London campuses are approved by UKBA. Apologies for any confusion over the Barking college.

http://www.asic.org.uk/collegedirectoryUK.php
Last edited by gimlet on Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:52 pm

Here it is from the horse's mouth. Barking is back, Birmingham is there, but what about London? Maybe it can take Bulgarian and Romanian students because they do not need sponsorship? Totally confusing :roll:

www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/registerofsponsorseducation

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:20 pm

lyn wrote:The English language lessons are very expensive.

I think that if the course is 6 months the students are allowed to work a certain amount ("yellow card") which might make it more do-able. Indeed it might be a major attraction for Bulgarians.

Having looked more at the site, it appears Barking is their "London" campus. That's one nasty shock to begin with. The second one is probably "the Only Way is Essex" :D

I wonder how much they pay in commission? Maybe that's PM stuff.

Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Anni » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:29 pm

Previously, many foreign nationals used to come to the UK to "moody" colleges under student entry and then just continue "studying" at the college while actually working. Some of the colleges were little more than a PO Box number.

The Points Based System (of which there are a number of different categories) with licences for colleges/schools was introduced for UKBA to have better control over this.

BG and Romanian nationals can not work in the UK without a visa.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/

Students are allowed to work a few hours per week during term time and a bit longer (can't remember the exact figures even though I have just read them :lol: ) during the holidays.

Bulgaria and Romania are still considered to be Accession countries which should have ended at the end of this year due to the 5 year Accession period being over. But, yesterday it was announced that the restrictions have been extended until the end of 2013.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... strictions

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:41 pm

Mmm, everything changes so fast. But I believe Bulgarians with a yellow card doing an NVQ are not restricted in their hours of employment.

Ordinary Bulgarian students with a yellow card are probably limited to 20 hours per week and unlimited in the holidays.

Non-EU students, provided the course is long enough can do 10 hours per week of work and unlimited during the hols.

I think! But I expect Futures College knows.

Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Anni » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:46 pm

I'm sure Futures do know Gimlet.

Part of the licence requirements is a nominated and named officer who is responsible for all applications to the college and then to UKBA. Their procedures are supposed to be all auditable and if any paperwork is not correct, then they stand to loose their licence.

Well that is the theory anyway :lol:

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:51 pm

Ah, the "desk top audit". :lol:

Return to “Employment”