Chervena ?

Travelling to Bulgaria on holiday or on a property inspection trip? Post travel dates and locations here and meet fellow My Bulgarian's on the way...or when you get there!

Moderator: Moderator

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:54 pm

Svishtov is very much a college town. Lots of students. VT is much more diverse. So is Pleven.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DATsenov ... 5359756105

Levski is a railway junction and small market town.

FlagHostel

Postby FlagHostel » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:54 am

Yes Scott vt is more diverse.

But

If you are a foreign student guy, in your 20's going to study
In a foreign country and single (most are) then unless you are
Gay, you'll be looking for a local girlfriend, not just going there
To study.

A good pulling town is more useful to them than looking at
Castles and monuments.

The amount of girls on aha from Pleven eats vt alive !

Plus in vt, there are loads of Chinese girl students now.
At the weekends, you see them all at the castle with their parents
And family.
Chinese single girls don't really mix.
They tend to only have Chinese boyfriends.
So not a lot of use to a single foreign guy looking for a girlfriend.

So Pleven is a better bet

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:29 pm

I always thought VT was full of the BG equivalent of "Pseuds". I certainly did not take to the students in my classes there ! Pleven much better.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Svishtov is the home of this university (and not much else). It is a good university and dominates the town.

http://www.uni-svishtov.bg/?ver=EN

MicknUrs

Chervena

Postby MicknUrs » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:28 pm

Firstly, Hi :)
Secondly I find it odd that no one commenting is living in Chervena?
We have lived there since 2009 on and off and were there over Easter, back again in August.

Most of the comments are correct but quite negative. It all depends what you want from a life in Bulgaria and each to their own. It is a small village with little going on but we love it. [/u]

The shop in town is well stocked and the owner and his family are now personal friends of ours and his son has stayed with us here in the UK. The post office are always helpful and the bread from the bakery is fantastic. There is a restaurant that serves draft beer and hot food and during the summer months, holds Saturday night shindigs that are great fun,

I am friends with another English couple who have a house there and my ex Army pal has just bought a house across the road from ours. There are at least two other Brit owned houses. That said, we don't all sit in a corner talking about how we miss Britain

It's quiet, friendly, now has internet and welcoming. You can get anything in Levski and Ovcha Mogilla is close enough to use the shops/ bars there too. A highway restaurant is close and convenient if you fancy a lite bite and beer.

If we wanted to be in a metropolis we too would have considered VT or other but we love our little house, our great friends and the sound of the storks, donkeys and woodpeckers.

:D

FlagHostel

Postby FlagHostel » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:23 pm

micknurs - is Ovcha Mogilla hot bath open all year round now ?

how much to get in for a day pass, do you know ?

has it been renovated, or extended or still the same standard and size ?

when did you last go there ?

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Chervena

Postby mememe » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:03 pm

MicknUrs wrote:Firstly, Hi :)
Secondly I find it odd that no one commenting is living in Chervena?
We have lived there since 2009 on and off and were there over Easter, back again in August.

Most of the comments are correct but quite negative. It all depends what you want from a life in Bulgaria and each to their own. It is a small village with little going on but we love it. [/u]

The shop in town is well stocked and the owner and his family are now personal friends of ours and his son has stayed with us here in the UK. The post office are always helpful and the bread from the bakery is fantastic. There is a restaurant that serves draft beer and hot food and during the summer months, holds Saturday night shindigs that are great fun,

I am friends with another English couple who have a house there and my ex Army pal has just bought a house across the road from ours. There are at least two other Brit owned houses. That said, we don't all sit in a corner talking about how we miss Britain

It's quiet, friendly, now has internet and welcoming. You can get anything in Levski and Ovcha Mogilla is close enough to use the shops/ bars there too. A highway restaurant is close and convenient if you fancy a lite bite and beer.

If we wanted to be in a metropolis we too would have considered VT or other but we love our little house, our great friends and the sound of the storks, donkeys and woodpeckers.

:D

All very useful info for anyone wanting to know something about the village, so thanks MicknUrs. I guess not much else has been posted because no one who is a member here lives there full-time. I just tried to help with general info as a result.

I think the OP bought elsewhere in the end anyway, in a village called Bebrovo.

@ Jackiej: You must have arrived in BG by now Jackie - How's it going?

JackieJ
Super User!
Super User!

Postby JackieJ » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:13 pm

Hiya
Yes we've been in BG now for just over 2 weeks. We were looking at chervena and Bebrovo but have bought a house in Vinarsko near Burgas, lovely village xx

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:21 pm

JackieJ wrote:Hiya
Yes we've been in BG now for just over 2 weeks. We were looking at chervena and Bebrovo but have bought a house in Vinarsko near Burgas, lovely village xx

Ah yes, JackieJ - I now see the Bebrovo one fell through. Hopefully the weather should soon be picking up for you in Vinarsko. We had a bit of snow where I am this morning but all gone now.... :(

JackieJ
Super User!
Super User!

Postby JackieJ » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:51 pm

We've had very heavy rain and thunderstorms but today has been beautiful !

Return to “Meet and Greet!”