Anyone nearby

Travelling to Bulgaria on holiday or on a property inspection trip? Post travel dates and locations here and meet fellow My Bulgarian's on the way...or when you get there!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chorleycake
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Anyone nearby

Postby chorleycake » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:01 am

Hi, I'm trying to meet people who live near Mikhailovo ( Vratsa region ). I've tried the property owner search but it says there's a problem. Is this facility not available anymore, it's a long time since I've been on the site.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Anyone nearby

Postby mememe » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:16 pm

chorleycake wrote:Hi, I'm trying to meet people who live near Mikhailovo ( Vratsa region ). I've tried the property owner search but it says there's a problem. Is this facility not available anymore, it's a long time since I've been on the site.

Yep - that facility has been broken for a long time and not fixed. Not much 'website care' is ongoing here nowadays.

Only thing I can suggest is to do a selective advanced search using keywords such as your village name or 'Vratsa' and see what comes up.

Owing to a total website crash in 2015 (with no backup existing) all posts, data and new member registrations were lost between approximately 2012-2015, so you're unlikely to find that much recent stuff anyway. Many members had already 'abandoned' the site even before the crash anyway, for various reasons.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chorleycake
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby chorleycake » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:32 pm

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:49 pm

Such a shame this once-great forum has gone the way it has. It was literally a 'bible' for so many of us ten years ago, when we were new to Bulgaria and there was so little information. :cry:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:19 am

When you are in the village call in at the "Kmetstvo" (office of the Mayor) and ask if there are other Brits about. Personally when I lived in BG and detected a Brit, I headed in the opposite direction.

Do not expect the Mayor (Kmet/Kmetitsa) to speak English.

Return to “Meet and Greet!”