How long does it takes to sell property in Bulgaria?

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

How long does it takes to sell property in Bulgaria?

Postby MOD » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:20 pm

Posts moved from "BulgarianProperties - ridiculous selling fees"

MOD

Posted Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:50 am by johndoe3

Postby MOD » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:33 pm

I wonder how long it takes to sell property in Bulgaria.
My wife and I bought a new build house in Bulgaria about 14 years ago. We're both getting a bit longer in the tooth, so we are thinking of selling up. I did speak with one of the team of Estate Agents about 5 years ago and he told me he has to work 4 times as hard to sell property than 14 years ago.
I was let down by the Estate Agents (no names mentioned), but we left our brains back at Gatwick Airport at the time.
The money was handed over to the builder before the house was finished to a liveable standard.
6 months later we came over for a fortnight holiday and the house had no electricity, fittings .etc which were all part of the contract.
Still I still love the place and have some good friends there (even the gypsies leave me bags of snails outside my gate after a rainstorm).
All the unfinished projects in Bulgaria do not leave me too optomistic of getting anything near my original purchase price. :idea:

MOD

Posted Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:24 pm by truckyboy

Postby MOD » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:35 pm

i think its very difficult to sell properties at this moment, there are far too many empty ones already, and the market is stagnant. You will never achieve the price you paid for your property..sorry..a friend of mine is selling her apartment in Pomorie..its been on the market for 2 years, and reduced..so shows the state of the market. Where there used to be many europeans buying, they now are not, and it was only the russians who moved in, now theyre not buying either which is probably down to their own economies..so i dont know who else is willing to buy amongst the european countries..or even further abroad..but i wish you well..maybe an option is to keep it as a holiday home, but you will need some security if your going to leave it for any length of time, or come back and find it stripped..

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Re: How long does it takes to sell property in Bulgaria?

Postby banjo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:12 pm

I agree I have had my apt up for sale for over 18 months I have just dropped the asking price by 10,000 euros, I do not hold out much hope the Russians seem to have stopped buying also the Irish and us Brits I am not sure where else to advertise. :( :(

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:03 am

If you are prepared to give away your property at the moment then you will sell it. The building as now almost come to end as such in Sunny Beach, but still blocks and blocks of finished apartments not sold, mind to be fair these could be washing machines. The real problem stems right back to when the rush happened and the building of new apartments/villas started, there was such a rush then, they were going up in price weekly, also the miss selling with incorrect information being given to people with regard to rental, weather, airlines. There was no resale market available then so people had no real idea what the property was worth and based it on what was happening then. There are a few people still looking to buy from Russia, UK etc, but for them now its a buyers market. In todays resale market we come back to the old saying the property is only worth what someone is prepared to pay.

robert stainton

Postby robert stainton » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:37 pm

I first came over in2013 and stayed in sunny beach,in a finished rental property, it had not had anyone rent it for 18 month[the last 2 seasons] and plenty of abandoned projects nr 50% of new builds..shame as resort is good...but too many people on board will sink the ship....older properties have land with them and so are more saleable for renovation projects...but in current market sunny beach area you would have to be lucky to sell at all, good luck

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”