maintenance contract.

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Re: maintenance contract.

Postby varnagirl » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:37 pm

Oh dea Mooseyy....**** landowner....good ole Bulgaria ...eh !!

mooseyy
<b>Removal Services</b>

Postby mooseyy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:46 pm

Yes. Have been coming to Bulgaria for 13 years now and some things are slightly better but in general i think nothing much has changed or certainly not at the pace it should have done considering Bulgaria is part of the EU now. Time to look at Spain i think if i can sell the apartment here in Sozopol which will be difficult given the current situation.

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:13 am

The pace of change has been very slow and still is but remember that going from being controlled by the Russian state to the freedoms of the west is hard for some people. Do not sell your apt over maintenance issues because Spain has the same problem and indeed so has other countries so stay and fight your corner after all Bulgaria is a far better place than concreted Spain. Bulgaria also has lots of trees and Rakia.

All the best from Varna.

mooseyy
<b>Removal Services</b>

Postby mooseyy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:40 am

Thanks for the reality check banjo. Was at the sea park in Burgas yesterday and it is so green and beautiful which made me think again about Spain. It would be very difficult to replicate what we have here in the Burgas area or indeed Bulgaria in general. I think i would get bored with Spain very fast. The only advantage with Spain in my opinion is the infrastucture is better and menial tasks at banks etc get done much faster.I will keep the forum updated on the outcome of the maintenance issues here.

All the best from Sozopol

mooseyy
<b>Removal Services</b>

Postby mooseyy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:21 pm

The issues have been solved for now. The land owner has came to a compromise. We will now pay by the size of apartment in a kind of square meter arrangement. Large apartments over 150m2 will pay 4000 lv Medium from 100m2 to 150m2 will pay 3000lv and small apartments up to 100m2 will pay 2000lv.

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:00 am

Well done you are I think making the right choice Spain is more expensive and barren with the same problems and maintenance charges I am back in the UK at the moment but will be back in Varna 1st September I hope to pick up my residency cards.

all the best.

mooseyy
<b>Removal Services</b>

Postby mooseyy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:13 pm

Thanks for your support banjo. I am pleased it is all sorted out for now. Good luck with your residency cards.

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:34 pm

Makes me feel so different..My wife and I pay 100 lev per year for service charges..the builders used to run the system but gave our block a status to do it our self..Luckily our next door neighbour now runs the system..he is also a maintenance manager for various hotels in sunny beach, so obviously does many repairs himself. Tiling in the halways ( replacing damaged ones ) painting, lighting, elevator maintenance, even a cctv in the hallway..its sad that many people dont pay, ( they say we are only there 2 weeks a year ) yet omit the question of their holiday guests.

Return to “General Discussion”