Has anybody got a clue, for people who spend 6 months of the year in Bg?

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Has anybody got a clue, for people who spend 6 months of the year in Bg?

Postby banjo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:38 am

I agree that British people living and working in the EU are a bit confused when even our government does not seem to know what will happen if we leave without a deal, after two years of so called negotiations we are not any wiser its a shambles and I am sick of all the confusion just read that the vote will be next week. I cannot make any decision until I know what is what. As you know millions of people from various EU countries have been living and working in the UK they keep asking the same old question what will happen to us a lot of very well respective Polish people have set up home here had children bought houses got a mortgage. Its a bl**dy shambles.

Malarkey
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Malarkey » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:10 pm

Banjo
4 of my European friends decided to leave the UK last year rather than hang around in uncertainty. Two were nurses, one ran their own business and the other owned and ran a shop. All four worked and paid taxes.

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:34 pm

Some agreements have already been put to paper, one of the problems is, joe public hasnt got to see them, TM just names bits and pieces, like the fact that EU citizens already in the uk, will be allowed to stay, and retain their benefit status, everything the uk citizens get, except for a pension ( as you know a pension is dependent upon whats been paid in )..But i have heard NO mention of what other eu countries have agreed with regard to UK citizens living in their countries. TM has already stated that we will not leave without a deal..Corbyn obviously didnt hear it, as he wants her to say it again, or put it in writing..the only problem is the fact that most of our MP`s dont seem to know what they want, or are afraid of their leaders to say so, Corbyn has instructed his members to not hold dialogue with Teresa,or her team and i think hes acting like a spoilt kid..yes i agree it is a bit of a worry, but i have long term residency in Bg so think i am ok, but dont know if i will need an IDP, Green Card, or a Visa..i will wait and see.

shotlandets
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shotlandets » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:41 am

Brits have been living around the world for hundreds of years. Foreigners have been living in the UK for hundreds of years.
The E111 card which was before the EHIC card was in Place before the UK was in the EU.
I currently live and work in a country which requires a work permit and residency. No problem at all in fact I had a harder time getting permission to stay in Holland and Greece in the 1990's. So dont worry. The eu relies on UK money. Borisov has already come out and stated that the British people are very welcome in Bulgaria and he hopes that they continue to settle there.
last week the Spanish government said the same thing. I think that they are worried that the delights of north and south America along with the far east will attract the brits now who will take their money elsewhere.

johndoe3

Postby johndoe3 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:46 am

What a shambles!!
Mrs. Doe and I did not bother to vote in the referendum.
Cameron was an embarrassment "Tim but Dim".
Theresa May was a useless Home Secretary, then was promoted to Prime Minister.
One thing may come out of this debacle is that the House of Lords should be downsized

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:47 pm

johndoe3 wrote:Mrs. Doe and I did not bother to vote in the referendum.

Presumably, you're happy with the outcome?

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:11 am

Well yet again we are nearing a no deal Brexit last night was a shambles in government we have the worst prime minister in our history and the worst labour leader in our history. The cabinet is meeting today in a six hour session to try and thrash something out but I will not hold my breath. What do I need to do to spend six months or more in Bulgaria I am about to pack my bags I have booked flight for 19th may and do not want to return anytime soon back to the UK.

shotlandets
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shotlandets » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:51 am

Go to the regional police/immigration department and fill in the form and give them the documents. Within 2 weeks you should get a 5 year residency permit for a eu citizen. I used a local lawyer to give me advice and submit the forms. Alternatively you can get a bulgarian friend to fill it in then you sign it in the office and they take a photo.

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:05 am

Hi what documents do you need to apply for a 5 year residency permit for a UK citizen any help will be welcome thanks.

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:19 pm

See my rather ancient post here:-
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18335&p=365568&hilit=residency#p365568 The white card was superceded by the photocard that many have now.

I don't think much has changed (yet) and a UK EHIC card (if you have one) is, I believe, still being taken as proof that as a resident you will have medical insurance in case of illness. This is incorrect as the EHIC card is intended for non-pensioner holidaymakers to have medical cover in the event of a medical emergency when in BG. The alternative is to buy private medical insurance, which may not be cheap. But if Bulgaria MBR recognise the EHIC as giving you medical insurance, what should you do...? :-)

If you don't own a house, then a copy of a Bulgarian property rental agreement will be needed. I also needed to show some proof of my company registration as in those days (up until 2012) individuals from within the EU were not permitted to own a house with land. (the land only was the problem) and it was necessary to set up a company to own a house and land. That rule does not now apply, but I chose to keep the company-owned-house arrangement in place as I suspected the future BREXIT vote might cause problems....

Do not forget that interpretation of the lichna karte rules can be very variable, depending on which MBR office you visit. Unfortunately, going along and asking them what you need beforehand is also no guarantee of success as they may add in 'extras' when you actually try to make the application. Also take along one or two photocopies of everything that you have.....

Let me know if you need any more help/advice.

Return to “General Discussion”