BREXIT

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Re: BREXIT

Postby varnagirl » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:45 pm

why on earth did yu pay a lawer to do it ...its sssooooooooooooo easy to do..? !

BasildonShrimp
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby BasildonShrimp » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:27 am

Thanks Varnagirl but something always goes wrong with me. I seem to make everything that is easy complicated. Perhaps I am just getting old. I wish I could have done it myself but I consider it dosh well spent.

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:36 am

Fair enough, but I wish I had 5 leva for every lawyer who has become rich by helping Brits!
Unfortunately you seem to have been given some misinformation. When the UK leaves the EU you will have to apply for a different visa, there shouldn't be any problem as you already have a 5 year residency visa.
Of course, the UK might not leave, in which case you are good for 5 years and then you need to apply for a ten year visa.
Driving licences are also an issue - British licences need to be exchanged for Bulgarian .
This link will give you access to the latest updated information from the UK Government on living in Bulgaria and Brexit -

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-b ... nformation

You can also get the latest information on the Bulgarian Government website at

https://www.mvr.bg/en/about-the-ministr ... out-brexit

Hope this helps.

shotlandets
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shotlandets » Wed May 15, 2019 11:39 am

Why should a resident have to apply for a visa?????? If that is the case BG must be the only country in the world which does that. It would not surprise me right enough. It is now 31 years since I started working there and I am still amazed at what they do.
Anyway i am old enough to remember traveling in Europe before the UK was in the EEC never mind the eu. No Visas, no problems. Stamp at the border and on you go. Except the old eastern european countries which required a visa for everyone.
And we had the E111 card which was the ehic card of the time.

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Thu May 16, 2019 8:19 am

I think you'll find that Bulgaria is in line with all EU countries - if you an EU national and stay for more than 90 days you must apply for a resident's visa. To do this you must produce evidence of ability to support yourself, have somewhere to live, etc.
The initial visa is for 5 years and this can then be renewed for a ten year visa - often referred to as a 'permanent ' visa.

Pettsi
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Pettsi » Sat May 25, 2019 3:11 pm

Good afternoon.
I wonder if anyone could provide me with some advice?
I plan to relocate to Bulgaria in early July. I’m a British national and plan to apply for residency/long term visa before Britain’s exit from the EU when I arrive. I’ve read on some forums that I would need private medical insurance to apply. I’ve also read that I need to prove I have enough funds to support myself? Does anyone know the minimum amount of funds I would need for a successful application? Furthermore, I’m unsure how long the process would take to complete? Do you thinks it’s possible to complete before current exit date?

Thanks in advance
Dean

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Sun May 26, 2019 4:58 am

I was talking to a person who has just done it, this was Burgas. She needed to have her health card from the UK, 1,000lv in the bank and her documents for her house, if you don't own a house a rental agreement is ok. It took 7 days and then she had her card.

Pettsi
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Pettsi » Sun May 26, 2019 6:38 am

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
It’s good to hear the process can be completed within a short period of time. I was getting a little anxious on whether I would be able to get an appointment in time. I’m currently in Spain and know some people are struggling to secure appointments for residency.
Thanks again

Dean

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:05 pm

Pettsi, they also accept credit cards so just put the limit on the form, and a copy of your bank statement would also suffice..if you havnt done so, apply now for a EHIC card, which covers medical problems ( only from a bg nhs hospital though ) and that will also suffice..your first application is for 5 years, then renew for another 5 years, then you can apply for a permanent residency.this was all done in the immigration office..which is on the outskirts of Burgas...from where i live in Pomorie, its en route to burgas and accessible by bus almost to the front door..although i took the car..lol

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:33 pm

We are thinking of doing the same we have ehic cards ,credit cards . proof of ownership. UK bank statements , do we need BG bank account and where do we get forms from, we are close to Varna.

Return to “General Discussion”