BREXIT

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Re: BREXIT

Postby truckyboy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi Banjo, long time replying..you have probably done it by now..lol..anyway, you need to find out where the immigration office is in Varna..then report there with your documents, unless you speak bulgarian take a translator..but it is a simple process..except for the language..thank god my wife is bulgarian..so i now have a long term citizen card after going through 2 x 5 yearly ones...btw its cheaper if your over a certain age..i think 65..good luck

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi ya, yes I am proud to say that we have got our 5 year temp cards,we had a friend sort out the documents in Bulgarian. yes it was fairly easy. I do not know if people are aware that when the E.H.I.C. cards reach the end date then it will be private medical or the Bulgarian government scheme. All the best from Varna.

paul-alice
Super User!
Super User!

Postby paul-alice » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:55 pm

Got my long term bulgarian photo id card, and bulgarian driving licence, bulgarian health insurance so hopefully ready for Brexit.

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:08 pm

Got my long term residency card..havnt bothered with driving licence yet..or an IDP..am waiting to see the outcome by 31st october.

Mayhem

Postby Mayhem » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:44 am

We changed the house in Bulgaria to private ownership from company ownership a few years ago, When and if Brexit happens will we have to go back to forming a new company to retain ownership of the house ?
Cheers Mayhem

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:36 pm

Mayhem wrote:We changed the house in Bulgaria to private ownership from company ownership a few years ago, When and if Brexit happens will we have to go back to forming a new company to retain ownership of the house ?
Cheers Mayhem

There are many, many unknowns about what will happen here after BREXIT and I'm not aware of any specific official information being available about that particular subject.

But being somewhat of a pessimist, I've kept my house-owning company alive, just in case.

From the Bulgarian side, as posted here previously by ChrisF, this is about as much as we have so far :- https://www.mvr.bg/en/about-the-ministr ... out-brexit

Return to “General Discussion”