Car transporting companys

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

dylan

Car transporting companys

Postby dylan » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:26 pm

Has anyone used or could give reccomendations about having a car transported to bg from the uk and the procedeure involved. Thanks.

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Car transporting companys

Postby mememe » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:29 pm

dylan wrote:Has anyone used or could give reccomendations about having a car transported to bg from the uk and the procedeure involved. Thanks.

Do you mean having someone driving it over on your behalf - or someone putting it on a trailer and towing it?

There's also the possible, maybe imminent, effects of BREXIT to consider, of course.

First of all, trailering a car across, if that's what you hope to do, is a bit more simple than driving it across Europe from the UK to BG but is unlikely to be 'cheap' and will possibly not be problem-free. Unless the car is 'special' in some way, you really need to assess whether possibly paying a lot of money/having problems in transporting it is actually that worthwhile. Could you buy a similar spec'd vehicle in Bulgaria at similar cost?

However, the idea all stacks up for you then you could first try making enquiries on one of several Facebook Groups which are dedicated to BG and which are still relatively active. You will need to join FB if you aren't a member and you may also need to register on some of the FB Buy/Sell Bulgaria groups to progress further with your enquiries. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= ... SEARCH_BOX I know there ARE people there who sometimes post offering a trailering service.

You could do a search here with some carefully selected keywords but, unfortunately owing to general inactivity, much of the information available is now out-of-date.

Or you could do a Google search.... I found this:- https://www.bglondon.com/en/services-bg ... rt-service

If you wish to receive fuller answers (from any source), then you will need to share a lot more information. For example:-

What make/model of car/ size of engine? What are the vehicles dimensions? How much does it weigh?
Do you own the car and is your name officially listed as owner/keeper? Do you have some proof of purchase?
When do you hope for the vehicle to be transported to BG? Because of the time of year, transportation may soon be a less easy operation.
Is the car road-legal in all respects? Is it roadworthy and is all documentation valid and up-to-date?
Where vehicle certificates are renewable (MOT, insurance etc) have these been renewed recently?
Does the car run/drive OK?
From exactly where in the UK to where in BG?
Will you be travelling with the vehicle when it is transported?
Are you already an official long-term resident of BG? (Later: Checking your previous posts, I see you've lived here for 13 years, so assume you are). Is the ultimate aim to re-register the car in BG? If so, then you may need additional/other documents from the UK.
Mentally consider how much you are prepared/hope to pay for the service.
You should also check that the service provider will have suitable and adequate business insurance en route and is working in accordance with law.

The above are just a few questions that spring to my mind. There may be more that I haven't thought of.

dylan

Postby dylan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:07 am

mememe. A lot of questions you pose. I know enough about bulgarian transporting adverts. I speak very good Bulgarian after 14 years living here. I have driven 5 vehicles over from the uk in these years. Its a long hard pretty expensive slog. I wanted to hear from someone who has used a transport person to bring a vehicle over. It seems to me that it would save me money and the hassle of taxes police and problems i have encountered before. I wanted a recomendation as i have passed dozens of these transporters on my travels. I will contact a couple myself if no replys here and i will post the results. Thanks all the same for replying. Dylan.

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:26 pm

dylan wrote:mememe. A lot of questions you pose. I know enough about bulgarian transporting adverts. I speak very good Bulgarian after 14 years living here. I have driven 5 vehicles over from the uk in these years. Its a long hard pretty expensive slog. I wanted to hear from someone who has used a transport person to bring a vehicle over. It seems to me that it would save me money and the hassle of taxes police and problems i have encountered before. I wanted a recomendation as i have passed dozens of these transporters on my travels. I will contact a couple myself if no replys here and i will post the results. Thanks all the same for replying. Dylan.

That's fine Dylan but you didn't make it clear exactly what you wanted recommendations for, nor what you already knew about procedures involved.

Anyway - at least I've possibly given you some additional ways of finding someone who can help because, in all honesty, this place nowadays is pretty dead and you might have more success asking elsewhere. But possibly you already knew this....

Good luck!

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:54 pm

maybe you are looking for a driver to drive it over for you..not on a trailer but a hard drive..it wont be cheap, as you will have to pay for the tolls, fuel etc, not forgetting a return flight and a couple of hotels..i would think in the region of £700 all in, so long as the car is all above board and road legal. most of the trailers you see on the road are collecting german registered, but there are a few who collect from the uk.

dylan

Postby dylan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:37 am

Sorry if car transporting company doesnt sound clear. I dont want anyone to drive a car over for me. If it comes to that i will do it myself. It usuall costs in the region of £500 but i have seen plenty of Bulgarian adverts over the years. They bring goods and cars each way for a price. I just wanted to hear from someone who could recommend one they had used. Thanks all the same.

Return to “General Discussion”