My Bulgaria: Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

bulsatcom internet services

Posted by spantrout on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:28 am
one good reason i can think of for bulsatcom to buy this company is that it is 12yrs old, covers a large area of north eastern bg and with that comes a large number of existing internet users = immediate income for a company to use to upgrade the internet infrastructure.

Posted by booboo on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:41 am
spantrout wrote:
all i'm going to say about this now is that
a) i'm getting slightly bored and
b) why would the boss of the company lie to me?
c) if you actually phone the old dobrudja net phone number it is answered as bulsatnet, if u ask for dobrudja net you will be told the company doesn't exist
d) the wifi system/lan as u state is correct (installed by dobrudja net 18mths ago at our house)
e) if you have a problem with the service you are directed to bulsatcom for answers? if he is still a seperate company why are bulsatcom fielding customer service (or lack of it ) calls?.
f)The fact a dobrudja net website exists proves nothing, in fact if you look at the price list it dates from July 2010 so hardly recent.
It is Bulsatcom that are laying the fibre optic cables, I was told this during one of my lengthy phone conversations with a supervisor.

They (Bulsatcom) have also purchased at least one company in varna and are operating in the same fashion.

As to insatllation fees for internet i have no idea as our lan cable as i already said was installed 18mths ago. if you went to bulsatcom now I have no idea if they are going to charge you or not. the only thing i can guarentee is that if you're in a village it won't be a fibre optic connection,
which is what they are claiming.

And as i stated in a previous post, our old Dobrudja net contract for internet was cancelled and we had to resign a new contract with bulsatcom to receive internet from them why would we have to do that if it is not bulsatcom that is supplying it. Bulsatnet may well be just a holding company for internet services but trading under the bulsatcom name. Financially that makes sense to have a tv and internet division seperate to each other.

a) me too, so probably we should wrap this up

b) Because last throw of dice, new contracts tieing you in etc see previous post

c) I'm not disputing your contact's company changed their name to Bulsatnet - but that is not Bulsatcom Internet

d) ok

e) would that be 0800 13800? Or do you call a different number to get through to 'Bulsatcom' """""Representative""""?

f) ok, but then you mention that the dobrudja website says PART OF THE BULSATCOM NETWORK. Any idea when that was changed? - If it was recent then why is price list not that relevant (surely if they are making updates to logos etc then price list as well?) - can't have it both ways. Why no Bulsat.net website? On the Bulsat.com website I cannot see the area covered on the OFFICIAL BULSATCOM INTERNET COVERAGE MAP. Maybe it comes under the Varna one, BUT I don't think so.

Already mentioned I know it is Bulsatcom putting the cables down. I said it will be a long time before towns let alone villages are supplied - so we agree there I think.

To reiterate - the service Bulsatcom is offering is genuine. They explain on their site and via the map where the coverage is. This is kind of my whole point. Because some guy changes his company name to bulsatnet does not mean he has anything to do with the company Bulsatcom. If he called himself SKY net, it would not make him part of the Sky network - except in his own head.

The contract you mention almost reinforces the point to be honest. If the service is Bulsatnet then surely they would have their own contract papers - and it would not require a new contract for TV at the same time. As far as I am aware you can have one service without the other. Make of it what you will.

I am not trying to score points off you here my friend, my point is that this service is NOT the one being offered by Bulsatcom. If I go into my local bulsatcom shop today and ask if I can get internet in (insert name of your village here) they will tell me NO. They may go on to offer information as to when the area may get some coverage. Now if I go into a Bulsatcom shop near where your contact has his office and service - I reckon I will get the same answer - that they CANNOT supply me internet - BUT they know a man that can (via a different method - if they care to explain that far) so they pass you on to MR DOBRUDJA!!!!!! (I know that aint is name)

Fair comment?

Posted by booboo on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:45 am
spantrout wrote:
one good reason i can think of for bulsatcom to buy this company is that it is 12yrs old, covers a large area of north eastern bg and with that comes a large number of existing internet users = immediate income for a company to use to upgrade the internet infrastructure.

Which they have absolutely no need to do, because once they lay the cables everyone will switch to bulsatcom, and they have had no need to pay this guy a penny.

He disappears quickly, as there will be no demand for his version of internet service. Exsiting customer base is not required to be acquired via buying the company - they will migrate by fact of the new service being cheaper, better etc

Posted by spantrout on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:52 am
not fair comment, i pay bulsatcom for my internet, i have paid bulsatcom for my internet since i was instructed to do so from 15th Nov, when dobrudja net became part of bulsatcom/bulsatnet call it what u will and i was required to sign a new contract with bulsatcom to receive a package of tv/internet from them because dobrudja net was now part of bulsat com

3 times i have explained this now you just don't want to listen.

obviously in your eyes everything i have been told is a pile of sh*t

all i was trying to do was warn ppl, not to argue about it

buyer beware is all i'm saying

if u live in a village and get internet from bulsatcom don't expect what u pay for (unless you are very very lucky)

Posted by spantrout on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:56 am
if dobrudja net tells me, we will not be supplying ur internet from 15th Nov, it will be from bulsatcom as of that date (if you choose so), then who is supplying my internet? bulsatcom I'd suggest.

How can u argue with that?

Posted by booboo on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:02 am
spantrout wrote:
not fair comment, i pay bulsatcom for my internet, i have paid bulsatcom for my internet since i was instructed to do so from 15th Nov, when dobrudja net became part of bulsatcom/bulsatnet call it what u will and i was required to sign a new contract with bulsatcom to receive a package of tv/internet from them because dobrudja net was now part of bulsat com

3 times i have explained this now you just don't want to listen.

obviously in your eyes everything i have been told is a pile of sh*t

all i was trying to do was warn ppl, not to argue about it

buyer beware is all i'm saying

if u live in a village and get internet from bulsatcom don't expect what u pay for (unless you are very very lucky)

Ok you seem to have got a bit snotty, your friend/contact has in my eyes conned you. I WILL TRY TO KEEP THIS SIMPLE THEN ---- BULSATCOM ONLY OFFER INTERNET IN THE PLACES SPECIFIED ON THEIR WEBSITE! This is cities from what I can see.

Anything else is a seperate company getting in on either Bulsatcom's inability (disinterest) to supply 3 people in a village or Bulsatcom's recognised name and marketing.

BULSATCOM ARE NOT claiming or even offering service in villages or even towns as far as I know at this stage. The website is pretty clear on that to be honest.

So yes buyer beware (of bandwagon ISP's) - and also be aware that to all intents and purpose BULSATCOM internet (not some vaguely similar named service) does exactly what it says on the tin. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Posted by spantrout on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:05 am
ok u go into vachi dol office (bulsatcom) ask for internet in the village they say yes, find that one on your map, population valchi dol 3000, far from a city my friend and no not on bulsatcom's coverage map!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next