The Full Monty: British Food V/T

Find recommendations here of where to buy!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:15 pm

kazz wrote:However if you mean that they made a point of publicising the opening of the shop on the forum but not the closing I do sort of see where you're coming from....

Much better put, thanks Kazz.

A lot of the comments on all business- related threads here tend to be along the lines of "are they still going", "what's happened to" etc. This is understandable when in many cases quite lengthy journeys to "drop in" would be involved. Can't help people like yourself who are actually in business.

Back on thread, good luck to the former Monty's whatever they are doing now.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
kazz
<b>Country Advisor/Property Finder</b>

Postby kazz » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Off thread (for a second if I may) nobody was more surprised than I when told on one occasion that I'd closed. And I really had to argue quite hard to convince the person I was talking to that I hadn't!!
One reason why I was slightly reluctant to state with conviction that the Full Monty was no longer in business!
Like you, I wish them well whatever they're doing and wherever they're doing it.
Doing business in Bulgaria is not easy, there are more failures than success stories but all those who've tried to run an above board legitimate business are to be congratulated for at least trying!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
construction_help

monty

Postby construction_help » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:56 pm

kazz wrote:there are more failures than success stories but all those who've tried to run an above board legitimate business are to be congratulated for at least trying!

I agree its easy to sit back and comment, laugh and even slag down a business. But trying to run a business in a diffrent country with diffrent rules, documents etc is in a diffrent league than the others who do the above. IF they have closed GOOD LUCK with what ever they decide to do and hold your head up high. You will always remember (least i tried) :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:39 pm

I believe what ever they are doing they are doing it here. Their choice at the end of the day. They are smashing folk, perhaps its a garden centre they are opening......I hope so.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
foofee
<b>British/Speciality Food Supplier</b>

Postby foofee » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:08 am

Just to keep everyone informed, yes we have closed our business. We did either e-mail, text or speak face to face to most of our customers. We also received death threat e-mails which said close or we will burn you down. A bit worrying when your in a different country. We have informed the police and even the Bristish Embassy but unfortunately nothing can be traced. Anyway I hope this clears up all this chit chat. Hopefully we will meet you all again soon at some stage good luck with whatever you are doing. :P

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
kazz
<b>Country Advisor/Property Finder</b>

Postby kazz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:57 am

And good luck to you folks too.....so sorry to hear about the emails, I had no idea. Horrible thing to have to go through.

Return to “Shops, Furnishers, Retailers & Suppliers”