holidays 2021

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

holidays 2021

Postby truckyboy » Tue May 04, 2021 5:04 pm

So who is waiting to travel overland to BG in 2021..I am..just bought breakdown cover..ordered a green card, only the ferry to book ( free meals on board too with DFDS to dunkirk ) and I am leaving at the end of June until September..sadly wife travelling with me this year, but is flying back before me..we live in Pomorie so Bourgas airport isnt far away...I cannot wait..haven't missed a year yet, and this year is looking good too.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bullador
Super User!
Super User!

Re: holidays 2021

Postby bullador » Wed May 19, 2021 6:21 am

Hi its not a case of just jumping in the car any more though, its got very expensive, what with having to have the PCR tests done, filling in declaration for why you are leaving the Uk, Im in BG and doing research on the journey going back to the UK. Locator form, two PCR tests to book and pay for, in the UK, PCR tests to be done in bulgaria before leaving, its all a nightmare.......things changing each day.....

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Re: holidays 2021

Postby truckyboy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:35 pm

Hi Bullador..yes i know mate..many countries are accepting brits..if they can show evidence of having both jabs..i have the NHS app, which gives anyone ( with my permission ) my medical history, and shows me having the info they require..as you say..i need when returning..everything you say..Locator form....a test before leaving BG..and 2 more tests as well..but not NHS ones..must go the private route at around £80 each ( from boots )
What amazes me is the fact that Boris is intent on everyone having both vaccinations..as he said we will be a lot safer..so why not allow those who have had both jabs to travel..if its so safe.. or at least say no quarantine..its possible I may fly..as its a lot easier as many countries across Europe want quarantine for brits..or pay for yet another test..but they have said, any Europeans living in the UK, who want to travel to europe..can do so..whats that all about.?? maybe still angry about brexit..lol..all I can do is sit and wait for a green light ..maybe once everyone is vaccinated..we may be ok to travel..but boris should have bolted the doors to indians, long before he did..and we are paying the price.good luck mate.

Return to “General Discussion”